There is a reason I don’t post recipes on this blog very often. I’m a recipe follower, a foodie wannabe, and I’m oftentimes cooking for little people who don’t have the most adventurous palate yet. However, this is where Haute in Texas intern, Rebeca, has come in handy yet again! When Mountain High asked us to come up with creative new uses for their delicious creamy yoghurt, I was at a loss. But Rebeca stepped into the kitchen like a pro and whipped up two tasty options for you today! The best part: one is sweet, and one is savory, perfect for breakfast or a simple snack. You can bet no matter your craving, there is a solution for you below!
1. Fruit Parfait in a Wine Glass
- Choose your favorite frozen fruits, allow to defrost slightly.
- Select a wine glass for a fancy twist.
- Spoon yoghurt into glass, wiping away any smudges on the glass for a polished presentation.
- Sprinkle granola or oatmeal onto the top of the yoghurt.
- Layer with your desired fruits.
- Sprinkle cinnamon to taste.
2. Tangy Guacamole
- Mash two ripe avocados with 1/2 cup plain Mountain High Yoghurt
- Stir in the following:
- 1/2 chopped small red onion
- 1/2 chopped small jalapeno
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
Easy peasy right?! Yogurt is one of my favorite ways to get protein into my diet, and I love the tangy twist on guacamole! Mountain High Yoghurt was a new-to-me brand, but I’m so impressed that they truly live out their belief that food should be simple. It’s a philosophy so many of us are trying hard to get back to, so I feel good knowing I can offer my family this tasty option without worrying that there’s extra junk thrown in there.
Besides being a really wholesome, well-made yoghurt with no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors, Mountain High Yoghurt is also cultured in cup, which means they simply add milk and cultures to a cup, and let it develop into yogurt on its own. That’s it! There’s no fancy processing, and since they used hormone-free milk you can also rest assured that they mean it when they say this is just simple, good food.
So try out these recipes next time you want a sweet or savory treat, and let us know what you think!
P.S. This post was sponsored by Mountain High Yoghurt. Don’t worry though, all opinions are our own!